Some tunes to listen to!


Wednesday 27 August 2008

Wednesday - One week to go!

Hey!
Time to take stock of the summer (?!) holidays and what I have achieved so far, as only a week to go before work starts again! Well, we went to Anglesey for the first week, and had (despite the weather) a fantastic time. It's truly a beautiful place and I would highly recommend going to anyone who hasn't been there. The kids loved it too.
At the beginning of August I received confirmation that I passed my first year of Open University. I was thrilled, and relieved that the hard work was worth it! I have gained a Certificate in Humanities, and apparently can now use the letters Cert.Hum (Open) after my name, which made me laugh. A lot! And I'm looking forward to next years course, I'm doing Creative Writing, it'll be good fun!
I finally got broadband which has meant I can start using my computer the way it was meant to be used. I'm thrilled to have found the forum at http://www.craftsbeautiful.com/ - the guys on there are so friendly and make crafting so much more fun. They have welcomed me so nicely, and a big shout out to all of them for their kindness and support - it's like having suddenly gained a lot of new sisters! You should check them out...the challenges in particular are fantastic for stretching your crafty brain! I have also made contact with a favourite past teacher through friendsreunited, which was cool!
I AM GOING TO SEE DISTURBED IN OCTOBER! I am dead excited about that, they are one of my favourite ever bands, don't get anything like the publicity they deserve. I have met the band previously, and they are really sweet. Plus, I haven't been to a gig for over a year, so it will be awesome to get back out there and remember who I am.
Craft-wise, I have made some of my very favourite cards this summer. I have started making Christmas cards to sell, my best ones are monochrome and pink. I'm loving them. I also found some brilliant little ragdolls that are just the right size for cards, so have been playing with those, and for the first time I have tried heat-embossing with some lovely results (I think!) on an autumn themed card for one of the CB forum challenges. Other challenges I have entered have had such diverse themes - bunnies, oriental, 70's/80's/90's, wedding anniversary - and I have put my own challenge forward for a tattoo-themed card or other craft item - if anybody fancies joining in, better go join the forum!
I have also managed to volunteer to work as a runner at the London Tattoo Convention, which I am really thrilled about - it's been a couple of years since I was in the loop, and I'm so looking forward to the sound of the machines and the smell of ink and antiseptic again! Would love to have the chance to get some work done, but I don't think I'll have the time. Should be good for shopping opportunities though, if you're a fan of tattoos and piercings, you really should go along. It's 26/27/28th September, google it for the address!
Well, housework waits for me so I'm off. TTFN

No comments: