Some tunes to listen to!


Tuesday 26 August 2008

Tuesday - bluesday?

Hey, I'm feeling kind of down today... Lots of random arguments with hubby have left me feeling proper miserable and very drained. The house is a bombsite and I have no chance of persuading the troops to give a hand, they're too busy playing DS's and Gameboys...
Why is it that when a mother has a holiday from work, they don't actually get any time off? On our summer (hahaha) holiday this year, hubby got cup of tea in bed every morning, didn't cook a single meal, didn't make a drink, did no washing up and only pitched in with the cleaning on the day we headed for home. Since we got home he has washed up once. Okay, so I have six weeks off, but he doesn't do much! I'm knackered.
I have 8 days remaining before the start of Autumn term, and I am nervous about returning to work. It's not easy working in an environment where you get punched and kicked and bitten, sworn at every few minutes. The boys always find it really hard to settle back into the routine after the holidays and the Sept-Dec term is one of the longest and darkest! I had a very bad time with one of the students between March and July, and I'm sure that it won't have disappeared through the holidays.
This is probably very depressing stuff to put in a blog, but I don't really think many people will read it, and I'm finding this quite therapeutic...
Some of my wishes for the following twelve months have to be:
Build up a network of people who do jobs like mine, for support and understanding - half the stuff that happens in my job I couldn't share with my husband, he'd freak out!
Ace my years university course...
Get out to more gigs - I haven't been to one for over a year and my brain is suffering.
Create more - I want more time to draw, paint, design and craft.
Persuade the husband that the housework is more important than the gardening, and that if he helped me indoors, I could help him outdoors...!

I guess I'll call that quits for now, hopefully I'll be in a better frame of mind when I return. TTFN!

No comments: