Some tunes to listen to!


Saturday 30 August 2008

I wonder why?...

Hey!
I was driving back from Kingston yesterday, thinking about life's funny little sayings... So, Ive some questions based on this!
Why do they call it 'rush hour' when you can't get any faster than 5mph?
How come pubs don't have 'unhappy hour' near closing when the drink's made everyone miserable?
Why do they put badges on birthday cards for one and two year olds, then print 'Not suitable for under-threes due to small parts' on them?
Why isn't there a tv channel that shows un-censored music videos - I'm thinking specifically rock/metal here - those silent bits really annoy me!?
Why are OAP's that can't see above the steering wheel allowed to drive...and how come they always have better cars than me?!
Why do people insist on speeding up to about one foot off my rear bumper and then stay there even when the road is clear to overtake?
Why do men watch me parking? Is it to check I can? Or are they waiting for me to bump into something so they can laugh?
On the subject of men - how come when they have a day off, we women still have to do things like cook, clean, make drinks and wash up?! When do we get our day off?
And they never take subtle hints...
Why is it that bills are never late?...
...But you never get paid early!?
Why is there so much pressure on women to alter every part of their body? - the back of womens mags, even those 'enlightened' ones that preach 'Be thou what you are' are still stuffed full of ads for miracle lotions and potions, exercise dvd's and equipment and surgery home and away!
Why is Boxing Day called boxing day?
And finally, why do 'straight talkers' insist that they always 'call a spade a spade'? There's only one thing called a spade anyway! There's shovels, trowels, post-holers etc, but if I'm looking for a spade, I know what it is. They should use a word with multiple slang variations but one true meaning.
TTFN

1 comment:

LucindaBee said...

My thoughts exactly!

CindyBee