Some tunes to listen to!


Friday 12 September 2008

Hello everyone! I've had an awful week at work, so am hoping for some downtime this weekend! Oooooooooh boy, am I glad to be out of the madhouse....
First full week of school = first injuries of the term. I got hit in the ankle by a stool thrown by one of my students at another - nasty bruising and a sore tendon. Crushed in doorway whilst trying to prevent two students from barging into classroom (obviously up to no good!) - large and painful bruise to right forearm. Student trashing classroom throwing stools around - slight bruising to other ankle. Wet tea-towel flicked by 'idiot-boy' - raised red welt on back of thigh. Breaking up fight in maths room - narrowly missed getting hit straight in the head by a flying chair, I am told it was less than an inch off me. Total number of fights broken up - six. Total number of students throwing things at me - 9. Total number of times I have been sworn at/called foul and abusive names - couldn't count, too high.
So, all in all, life at school has returned to it's fantastic normal. And yes, you probably did detect a hint of sarcasm there...

No comments: